Professional Maintenance Systems, founded in 1982, is now responsible for the commercial cleaning of over 42 million SF of facilities throughout Southern California.
Employing over 1,200 dedicated janitors and support staff, our commitment to building long-lasting client relationships has grown our business through a proven commitment to accountability, communication and exceptional service.
Our Client Guarantee
Our clients have 24/7 access to PMS management in the case of concerns or emergencies, and our managers contact the client if problems occur. Our clients don’t have to “hope for the best”. When they wake up in the morning with no message from us they know another successful night of cleaning has passed at their buildings.
- Response within the hour
- Resolution the same day
- Industry best practices for work loading and staffing
- Never promise something we cannot deliver
- Documented janitorial programs
- Schedules to ensure cleaning stays on track
- Periodic tasks scheduled within the workload
- A large dedicated Management Team for effective support, service and communication
- 20 floor care crews supported by an onsite floor crew manager
- Maintaining our CIMS Certification
- Maintaining our top status as one of San Diego, Riverside, Alameda, Los Angeles and Orange County’s premier green cleaning companies.
Professionalism and Exceptional Service
We are proud to have earned our reputation for professionalism and exceptional service.
From fitness centers to restricted-access, security clearance buildings, we are equipped to provide seamless commercial cleaning services as well as specialized services such as HOA Porter services and janitorial services for life science and biotech companies, to keep your facility sparkling clean, without disturbing your customers or staff.
A True Differentiator
Our commitment to our clients starts at the very TOP and we now have over 1,200 members of staff who share our belief of delivering quality service with outstanding custom solutions.
As San Diego’s only woman-owned janitorial company, PMS got its start in 1982. Now 37 years later we are more than just a family managed enterprise, every member of our 1,200 staff have become an integral part of our success. PMS is the largest locally-owned janitorial services company in Southern California.
We have the resources and managerial structure necessary to take on jobs of any size while maintaining high levels of service at competitive pricing.
To positively impact our community by creating opportunity, stimulating growth and collaboration, and inspiring others to philanthropy.
Corporate Mission Statement
- To provide quality service to our customers at a competitive price that produces a profit for our company.
- Only from quality service can we maintain and enhance the professional image of our customers’ office and business environment.
- Only from competitive pricing are we able to remain in business and provide jobs in our community.
- Only from company profits are we able to give back to our people and our community.
- Act with Integrity
- Inspire Philanthropy Through Example
- Engage in Corporate Social Responsibility
- Maintain Environmental Awareness
- Be Uncompromising in Our Values
“40 years ago, I started my career as a CPA, and I had a vision. I wanted to use my knowledge, skills and tenacious drive to build a better community. I realized I could not do this alone.
25 years ago, I bought one of my clients, Professional Maintenance Systems. At that time we had about 150 people and a reputation for quality. Today we employ over 1,200 people while maintaining our reputation for quality.
Most importantly, we have built a pathway to community philanthropy. We see firsthand the direct impact we have on our community, and we see the greater impact that we have by sharing what we do, collaborating to solve problems, and teaching others how to better allocate resources to where they are most effective.
Today my children work alongside me. They are as deeply committed to bettering our community as I am. Our job is to clean your business, but our purpose is to leave our world a better place than we found it. I am so proud of our whole company and the legacy we are building.
Thank you to all our current and future clients. You make this possible.”
Karen Berry, CEO Professional Maintenance Systems
PMS is not only committed to growing our business throughout Southern California, providing new jobs and opportunities for our staff, but we are dedicated to giving back to our local communities. This value has been formalized in our company Strategic Plan and is evidenced by generous donations of time and money to a variety of regional and national charities. PMS also proudly supports:
- Rady’s Children’s Hospital Foundation
- San Diego Blood Bank
- The New Children’s Museum
- Father Joe’s Villages
- Cleaning For A Reason
- Autism Speaks
- Francis Parker
- Salvation Army
- American Red Cross
- National Foundation For Autism Research
- Autism Tree Project Foundation
- San Diego Museum of Art
We never stop improving our service, staying current with industry standards and achieving awards that are relevant to our core business and local involvement.
- ISO Certified Cleaning Company
- CIMS with Honors – more info on CIMS
- CIMS-GB – more info on CIMS
- National Women’s Business Enterprise Certification (WBE)
- Partnership Excellence Award presented by GEICO
- San Diego Small Business Supplier of the Year Award presented by Raytheon
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Building Service Contractors Association International (BSCAI)
- California Association of Community Managers (CACM)
- Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA)
- S. Green Building Council (USGBC)